We’re less than a week away! We’ve included some important information below.
Diana Seager of American Trail Gear will be at the ride with her trailer of goodies!
Grizzly Mountain Ride Camp Rules
- Park/camp in an orderly manner.
- Contain your pets safely.
- No fires (except in the central area). We’ll have a big fire pit for everyone to enjoy, complete with native Oregon Juniper firewood. Come and meet everyone and hang out at the fire cheering on the late riders.
- Gate Etiquette: There shouldn’t be any cows in the areas where the ride is taking place. Please leave any gate exactly how you found it. The majority, if not all of them should be open.
- Vet Line Etiquette: Your horses will be well behaved in line. If your horse is causing a ruckus, please move out of the vet line with the understanding that your horse will not lose its place in line. If your horse kicks/bites/spindles the veterinarian, you may be disqualified immediately.
- 75 mile riders who are continuing on will have a courtesy jump to the front of the line for the welfare of their horse. Your understanding is appreciated.
- Trail Etiquette: If your horse is a kicker, PLEASE flag your horse appropriately. If you don’t have any ribbon, please find Darlene or Max. They have lots of yellow CAUTION ribbon to share.
Head Veterinarian: Dr. Cassee Terry
Treatment Veterinarian: Dr. Kelley Jones
Ride Veterinarian: Dr. Susan Dent (who is visiting from out of state!)
Pre-ride meeting at about 6:30pm on Friday (or as soon as most are vetted in).
Friday dinner. 5:30pm-6:30pm: Hamburgers/Veggie Burgers/Brats with all the fixins’, sauerkraut, potato chips, potato salad and a nice green salad. Dinner prepared by Landmark Catering (Woody and Celena!).
Dinner is free to the riders and $8/person for non-riders.
There will be a cooler full of drinks near the main area for riders to help themselves from all day Saturday.
Awards Sunday morning. 7:30am. We’ll honk a horn.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE
Pack out garbage. Please clean up your campsite and haul out your trash.
Spread your hay & manure. Sara and Roger’s horses will enjoy picking through the leavings!
Many big thanks to Roger and Sara Miller for graciously
sharing their ranch with the Grizzly Mtn Ride!
Please be sure to thank them when you see them.
Now…please understand…I’m including this next graphic for your information only. All of the information on this sheet is entirely subject to change, for any number of reason, from inclement weather to mileage concerns. You may print, but realize that the information may change. (Thank you for understanding!)