Effective today, March 30, we’ve heard from our USFS contact. He has informed us that the Grasslands will not be allowing any recreational gatherings. They plan to meet again on May 8, 2020 and re-evaulate, as will we.
Prior to this announcement, in anticipation of such a decree, we began to pursue a new ride date that would not adversely affect other PNER recognized events. Our management group agreed on May 16 and 17, 2020. EDRA has accepted our request and is willing to endorse our May 16 events, if the Grasslands are open for business. We are still waiting to hear back from AERC. We’re not expecting difficulties there.
If you have already pre-registered, and you are not able to make the May 16, 17th dates, we will refund your entry minus any PayPal fees.
At this time, we are still accepting pre-registrations. We are still working on every possible way to hold a safe ride for everyone.
A sidenote to this, since we are possibly holding the ride a month later, we have decided to offer a hundred miler to the mix. We haven’t decided if it will be EDRA or AERC. The number of entries will be the determining factor. We will make the announcement at least 2 weeks before the ride.
At this point, the ride is still on, but very much in limbo, according to what the governor of Oregon decides is best for our state.
We have been in constant touch with our USFS representative and the property owners of the Grizzly Mtn Ride Camp.
We feel we have a good plan in place for ride camp procedure. Our goal it to have a “no touch” ride. More details on that later when we get it all figured out. Just know that there will be lots of no nonsense rules that will be followed to the letter.
In the event we have to reschedule, we do have a contingency plan in place, albeit fragile, in case we have to postpone the ride. If that happens, you’ll be the first to get all the details.
In the meantime, please stay safe! Distance yourself from others, wash your hands frequently, limit touching your face (hard to do!).
I found that I had all the ingredients for hand sanitizer at my own house. I mixed up a small batch for us and I carry a small container in my purse and use it every time I get back in my car from having been in a store, etc. I’m on vacation this week, so spending time at home getting seeing some projects get done around here!
We’ve been getting some inquiries about the status of the Grizzly Mtn Ride. As of today, 3/12/2020, plans for the ride are proceeding forward. We are not canceling this ride unless we have absolutely no choice.
We have received notification from our US Forest Service representative that our events will be limited to 250 participants. We feel pretty safe in the assumption that we won’t have to worry about that!
We want our ride participants to feel safe in deciding to attend the Grizzly Mtn Ride. Therefore, please take the time to educate yourself on how Covid-19 is transmitted. Please stock your rigs with hand sanitizer and antibacterial soap. As stated below, if you have any inkling that you have have been exposed or if you are feeling at all ill, please plan to skip the ride. We all want to have fun, but we all want to stay healthy while having fun.
Hope to see ya’all at the ride, happy and healthy, ready to ride some miles at Oregon’s first EDRA/AERC rides of the 2020 season!