Due to the unusually wet late winter and spring, we have moved the 2019 Grizzly Mtn Ride to the Outback Station, near Ft Rock, OR.
More information on this venue change here (Please click on the link!)
Thank you and hope to see lots of happy riders in the Outback!
~Max & Darlene
April 20, 2019
The Grizzly Mountain Ride offers distances of 25, 50 and 75 miles, as well as an 50 mile Test Your Mettle Relay and an intro ride.
Ride camp will be on the Miller Ranch, just 1/2 mile north of the old ride camp. (Same as last year!) Nice flat area with plenty of room to park. Horse & dog water provided.
(Please thank Roger and Sara Miller for their generosity and hospitality when you see them!)
12205 Hwy 26, Madras, OR
Central Oregon: Hwy 97 traveling South, left at the south end of Madras, OR onto SE Hwy 26 (Madras-Prineville Hwy). Travel 11.5 mi
From Hwy 97, traveling North, in Terrebonne, turn right onto Smith Rock Way. go approximately 5.5 miles, turn left onto Lone Pine Rd, go approximately 6 miles to SE Hwy 26, turn left, go 2 miles, turn right towards camp.
Signs will be out on Hwy 26.
Head Veterinarian: Dr Cassee Terry of Redmond Veterinary Clinic
Ride Secretary: Carol Giles
Entry form and Release:
PNER-EDRA Entry Form⇐ Please print, sign and send to Carol Giles, address below.
Prineville, OR 97753
We are asking that riders register ahead of time, if at all possible.
If you choose to send the entry electronically, we will get your packet ready. Just bring your check or cash to the ride.
Please send your completed entry form to Carol before April 10, 2018. Thank you!
Mixed high desert trails, lots of two track road and cow trails, and a small amount of gravel road. Some sections of rock. Very doable trails! Plentiful water. Please seriously consider hoof protection. Gentle rolling elevation changes. Gates! This area is grazed by range cattle, so gates are a fact of life out here. Hopefully, as was the case last year, we’ll be having the ride ahead of the cattle being released into the area and the gates won’t be an issue. Fingers crossed!
- Intro Ride: $40
- 25 miles: $100
- 50 miles: $115
- 75 miles: $135
- 50 mile Test Your Mettle Relay: $200
- Youth Riders (18 & under): $25 for any distance
- Thanks to a generous donation from the EDRA group, there was a fund started to pay entries for all junior/youth riders in the PNER region, regardless of organization affiliation. Until this fund is depleted, all junior/youth riders 17 and under will ride for free in the PNER region! If you’re interested in donating to the Mary and Anna Memorial Junior Rider Fund, please contact an EDRA board member. You can find their contact information on the EDRA website.
No additional fees for non-EDRA members! All riders welcome!
Discounts (One discount/rider):
- $10 adult PNER member discount
- 50% Ride Manager discount will be given to ALL Ride Managers who reciprocate.
Horse Water, Port-a-potties, Dinner provided Friday night (special considerations will be given to gluten-free/vegetarian riders if they fill make a note when pre-registering, if all all possible.)
- No open fires
- Dogs must be safely contained
- Spread hay and manure
Need your own ride flyer? ⇓ (All information is subject to change!)
All PNER/EDRA Rules rules apply
The Grizzly Mountain Ride will be endorsed by
More information to come as it is available!