The Grizzly Mountain Ride offers distances of 25, 50 and 75 miles.
**Possible 100 miler to be offered. 10 pre-paid entries on the 75 and 100 mile distances, combined, will be required. This will be determined in 2021.
Ride camp will be on the Miller Ranch, on Hwy 97. A beautiful flat ride camp with lots of horse water, a communal bonfire, and room to spread out.
(Please thank Roger and Sara Miller for their generosity and hospitality when you see them!)
12205 Hwy 26, Madras, OR
Central Oregon: Hwy 97 traveling South, left at the south end of Madras, OR onto SE Hwy 26 (Madras-Prineville Hwy). Travel 11.5 mi
From Hwy 97, traveling North, in Terrebonne, turn right onto Smith Rock Way. go approximately 5.5 miles, turn left onto Lone Pine Rd, go approximately 6 miles to SE Hwy 26, turn left, go 2 miles, turn right towards camp.
Signs will be out on Hwy 26.
Head Veterinarian: Dr Cassee Terry of Redmond Veterinary Clinic
Ride Secretary: Shawna Bowin
Entry form and Release:
Pre-registration will be offered, opening up approximately 2 months prior to the ride. Avoid the $10 on-site registration fee. Volunteers should register, too, so we can get a count and so you can reserve your FREE meal. You will still need to check in with the secretary when you arrive, to finalize all the information and sign a waiver form.
Mixed high desert trails, lots of two track road and cow trails, and a small amount of gravel road. Some sections of rock. Very doable trails! Plentiful water. Please seriously consider hoof protection. Gentle rolling elevation changes. Gates! This area is grazed by range cattle, so gates are a fact of life out here. Hopefully, as has been the case in past years, we’ll be having the ride ahead of the cattle being released into the area and the gates won’t be an issue. Fingers crossed!
- Intro Ride: $35
- 25 miles: $100
- 50 miles: $115
- 75 miles: $135
- Junior and Young Riders (18 & under): FREE for any distance!
- Thanks to a generous donation from the EDRA group, and several donors, there was a fund created in 2018 to pay entries for all junior/youth riders in the PNER region, regardless of organization affiliation. Until this fund is depleted, all junior/youth riders 18 and under will ride for free at participating NW and EDRA rides! If you’re interested in donating to the Mary and Anna Memorial Junior Rider Fund, please contact Sue McLain (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- $15 Non-member fee applies to AERC entries.
Discounts (One discount/rider):
- 50% Ride Manager discount will be given to ALL Ride Managers who reciprocate the discount.
Horse Water, Port-a-potties, Dinner provided Saturday night (special considerations will be given to gluten-free/vegetarian riders if they fill make a note when pre-registering, if at all possible.)
- No open fires
- Dogs must be safely contained
- Spread hay and manure
All AERC rules apply.
More information to come as it is available!
We welcome everyone into our endurance/distance riding community, without regard to race, gender, age, color, national origin, ethnic background, socioeconomic status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or endurance/distance riding organization affiliation.