April 18-19, 2020
April 18, 2020: Endorsed by EDRA (pending)
April 19, 2020: Sanctioned by AERC
The Grizzly Mountain Ride offers distances of 25, 50 and 75 miles, each day, as well as an 50 mile Test Your Mettle Relay and an Intro Ride, held on Saturday only.
Ride camp will be on the Miller Ranch, on Hwy 97. A beautiful flat ride camp with lots of horse water, a communal bonfire, and room to spread out.
(Please thank Roger and Sara Miller for their generosity and hospitality when you see them!)
12205 Hwy 26, Madras, OR
Central Oregon: Hwy 97 traveling South, left at the south end of Madras, OR onto SE Hwy 26 (Madras-Prineville Hwy). Travel 11.5 mi
From Hwy 97, traveling North, in Terrebonne, turn right onto Smith Rock Way. go approximately 5.5 miles, turn left onto Lone Pine Rd, go approximately 6 miles to SE Hwy 26, turn left, go 2 miles, turn right towards camp.
Signs will be out on Hwy 26.
Head Veterinarian: Dr Cassee Terry of Redmond Veterinary Clinic
Ride Secretary: Shawna Bowin
Entry form and Release:
*Under construction! We’ll have a “jotform” available in 2020.
Mixed high desert trails, lots of two track road and cow trails, and a small amount of gravel road. Some sections of rock. Very doable trails! Plentiful water. Please seriously consider hoof protection. Gentle rolling elevation changes. Gates! This area is grazed by range cattle, so gates are a fact of life out here. Hopefully, as was the case last year, we’ll be having the ride ahead of the cattle being released into the area and the gates won’t be an issue. Fingers crossed!
- Intro Ride: $40
- 25 miles: $100
- 50 miles: $115
- 75 miles: $135
- 50 mile Test Your Mettle Relay: $200
- Youth Riders (18 & under): $25 for any distance
- Thanks to a generous donation from the EDRA group, there was a fund started in 2018 to pay entries for all junior/youth riders in the PNER region, regardless of organization affiliation. Until this fund is depleted, all junior/youth riders 17 and under will ride for free at participating NW and EDRA rides! If you’re interested in donating to the Mary and Anna Memorial Junior Rider Fund, please contact Sue McLain (email@example.com )
No additional fees for non-EDRA members! All riders welcome!
$15 Non-member fee applies to AERC entries.
Discounts (One discount/rider):
- 50% Ride Manager discount will be given to ALL Ride Managers who reciprocate.
Horse Water, Port-a-potties, Dinner provided Friday night (special considerations will be given to gluten-free/vegetarian riders if they fill make a note when pre-registering, if all all possible.)
- No open fires
- Dogs must be safely contained
- Spread hay and manure
2020 Ride Flyer: ⇓ (All information is subject to change!)
All EDRA & AERC rules apply
The Grizzly Mountain Ride will be endorsed and sanctioned by EDRA and AERC.
More information to come as it is available!