Good morning Grizzly riders and fans,
Effective today, March 30, we’ve heard from our USFS contact. He has informed us that the Grasslands will not be allowing any recreational gatherings. They plan to meet again on May 8, 2020 and re-evaulate, as will we.
Prior to this announcement, in anticipation of such a decree, we began to pursue a new ride date that would not adversely affect other PNER recognized events. Our management group agreed on May 16 and 17, 2020. EDRA has accepted our request and is willing to endorse our May 16 events, if the Grasslands are open for business. We are still waiting to hear back from AERC. We’re not expecting difficulties there.
If you have already pre-registered, and you are not able to make the May 16, 17th dates, we will refund your entry minus any PayPal fees.
At this time, we are still accepting pre-registrations. We are still working on every possible way to hold a safe ride for everyone.
A sidenote to this, since we are possibly holding the ride a month later, we have decided to offer a hundred miler to the mix. We haven’t decided if it will be EDRA or AERC. The number of entries will be the determining factor. We will make the announcement at least 2 weeks before the ride.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Max & Darlene Merlich
4 thoughts on “Grizzly Mtn Ride update, 3/30/2020”
We will have 3 riders in the AERC 100 if the date is good for May.
Thanks for keeping on top events.
Joyce & Dennis Sousa
I too would possibly consider an AERC 100 that weekend. Thank you Darlene!!
Thanks for your input, Suzy!
I would also consider an Aerc 100.